Hello Members!! As you all know, Futsal drop in has already started! Our next night for Futsal drop in is Tomorrow, Sunday October 23rd, from 6-8pm at the Encana Events Centre! Entrance is at the bottom north side near the Pool entrance, and the cost is free!!
***** TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 2ND 2016!! ******
We have TWO Registration Desks happening before November 2nd:
- Desk #1: Encana Events Centre, Sunday October 23rd from 6 – 8pm right outside of our Futsal drop in. CASH OR CHEQUE ONLY!!
- Desk #2: CO-OP mall, Sunday October 30th from 10am – 4pm inside near the grocery entrance. CASH OR CHEQUE ONLY!!
If you cannot make it to either of these Registration Desks, there is a DCASL Drop Box at the Dawson Creek MENCHIES that will be available between October 23rd & November 2nd. Please note that you will need to provide your own forms, and they can be found to the right, under the quicklinks bar. Please make sure to put your forms and payment in a sealed envelope when submitting.
Futsal Registration Forms Now Available
The link is in the ‘Quick Links’ to the right or here!
We are getting excited to lace up the old indoor soccer shoes again and hope a lot of you are too. Please print out your registration form along with your payment to either of our upcoming drop in nights or to your first game!
Hi loyal DCASL members. The DCASL needs your help!!
As you may be aware, our normal Futsal location is not available to us this year as the college is undergoing gym renovations. This has given us the opportunity to explore other venues and we are currently selecting between the South Peace High School Gym and the Encana Events Centre.
We are holding drop in games at the South Peace Gym and the Encana Events Centre over the next two weeks.
South Peace Gym: Sunday October 16 from 6-9pm. The cost is $5 per player.
Encana Events Centre: Sunday October 23 from 6-8pm. This one is free! Access will be on the lower doors on the north side.
Surprisingly, the Events Centre is the lower priced option but it has two potential problems.
1) The floor is made of polished concrete. We are concerned about the increased possibility of injuring our players.
2) The Centre may not be available Sunday nights.
We would love to see as many people out to both drop in events as possible for a trial run in order to make the best decision possible on behalf of our players. If you can’t make it out you can also comment below and your opinion will be taken into account for our final decision.
Come on out and join us for these great Futsal events!
Hello Everyone!!! Our Annual General Meeting is coming up very fast, and you will all want to be in attendance!
- When: Wednesday, September 14th 2016, 7pm
- Where: Super 8 Ballroom, Dawson Creek BC
- Why: Put forth your ideas for the League, Nominate Board Directors, and Special Resolution to pass Bylaw & Constitution Amendments.
This year, many of our long-time Directors are stepping down to start the next stage of their lives. The need for new board members to assist with planning, administration, and operation of the League is critical! So, if you, or someone you know would be interested in volunteering their time, we want to hear from you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information.
The AGM is a place to put forth your ideas for the League, such as what you would like to see happen and where you think we could grow. We are always looking for a fresh perspective and will do what we can to improve the League. Please come out, and help us to make our League everything it can be. Thank you! See you September 14th @ 7pm, at the Super 8 Ballroom.
Thank you to everyone who came out and participated in our Tournament this past weekend. We all had a blast and can’t wait to kick off our next season with you all.
A Big Congratulations to our Season’s MVP’s. The Board had a hard time choosing who had stood out this year, but a few players and Captains were definitely worth recognizing. **These MVP’s were chosen before the Tournament took place.**
- Most Valuable Male Tier 1 – Alan Tinto
- Most Valuable Female Tier 1 – Allison Roszmann
- Most Valuable Male Tier 2 – David Griffith
- Most Valuable Female Tier 2 – Samantha Holland
- Most Valuable Goalie Tier 1 – Jason Gies
- Most Valuable Goalie Tier 2 – Brenda Keay
- Most Valuable Captain Tier 1 – Ryan Linsley
- Most Valuable Captain Tier 2 – Shauna Redfearn
Congratulations to our Tier 1 Winner: DC Water Hauling, and to our Tier 2 Winner: DC Vet Spurs.
Futsal kicks off in October this year, stay tuned on here and our Facebook Page Dawson Creek Adult Soccer League for more updates. Thank you again, everyone, for a great season!